IMPORTANT: Please note that these guidelines are for all invited presenters at the Asia Pacific Stroke Conference 2017.
All users of Macintosh hardware need to ensure before they leave home that the files are compatible with PC hardware. It is expected that presenters will use Microsoft.
Other compatible software includes:
- Windows XP
- Office XP (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Windows Media Player
- Quick Time
- Adobe Acrobat
- Flash Player
Please let us know immediately if you use a Mac system.
It is expected that presenters use the official APSC 2017 PowerPoint presentation template, this template is available for download at the top and bottom of this page.
Please refer to the program page of the official website for your session and presentation information.
Please re-check this program prior to the conference to confirm if any changes have been made to your session.
Presentations should be prepared in PowerPoint and with the format ratio of 4:3.
Speakers should bring their presentations to the conference saved on a USB memory stick.
LOADING YOUR PRESENTATION
All speakers are required to pre-load their presentations at least three (3) hours prior to the start of their session.
Speakers should go to the speaker ready room by no later than the session break BEFORE their speaking time to load their presentation.
You can find your presentation room on the program matrix, which can be viewed on the official website.
It will not be possible to use your own laptop or USB for your presentation.
MOVIES OR SOUND FILES
- If you have movies or sound files in the PowerPoint presentation, please embed them and also bring the sound or movie files on a USB as well in case they are lost on different versions of PowerPoint.
- Advise the speaker ready room technician that you have movie files immediately upon your arrival at the Nanjing International Youth Cultural Centre, so that the integrity of the files can be checked on the venues computers.
- It is prudent to ensure that you have the correct AVI codecs saved with the video/audio file presentation. The speaker ready room can assist with this & download any missing codec files from the Internet but this takes time, so it is in your best interest to advise the technician that you embedded video files as soon as possible.
- Bring a backup copy of your presentation.
- Fonts. Bring a copy of any unusual fonts you require.
- 3rd Party Software. Bring a copy of any industry specific software that you may require.
To ensure a complete and effective presentation every time here’s what to do:
- Create a folder for your presentation.
- Place or copy every file that is used in the presentation in this folder. This will include all pictures, movies, sounds or any files that are used in the presentation.
- Now re-create any links so that they access this presentation folder (Insert, Movies and Sounds, From File). Remember to resave the presentation.
- To copy your presentation you should now include the entire folder, complete with all files that it will access via the links. This will ensure your presentation is saved & viewed successfully and as intended.
- Another advantage of this approach is that you have access to the original files such as video clips etc. in the event of PowerPoint problems.
ENQUIRIES AND CORRESPONDENCE
Please contact the Program Manager at [email protected]